Oral surgery provides a number of services that improve the look of your teeth and mouth when damage has left you with a less than confident smile. The oral surgeon Rancho Cucamonga is available to help patients of all ages and provides a variety of care services. Among the services you can receive from this medical professional:
· Cleft Palate: This jaw defect is most commonly experienced during birth. It causes a deformity in the mouth and the teeth and causes the patient to sustain trouble swallowing.
· Sleep & Breathing Issues: CPAP machines are usually the chosen method dentists use to resolve sleeping and breathing issues. However, when these machines don’t provide relief, you can call a surgeon to correct the problems.
· TMD: Temporomandibular joint dysfunction, most commonly called TMD, is a common oral health problem that causes discomfort and trouble speaking, chewing, and swallowing.
· Dental Implants: A dental implant is an improved dentures alternative for patients who are missing one or more teeth from their mouth. The implant is placed into the jaw bone using a screw. With proper care implants can last a lifetime.
· Impacted Teeth: When a wisdom tooth needs removed from the mouth, this is the professional to correct the problem. Other impacted teeth can also benefit from oral surgery since it removes overcrowded teeth and provides other teeth room they need to thrive.
This list is only a partial list of the series the oral surgeon provides. Most patients are referred to the oral surgeon by their dentist but sometimes you know that you need or want the services without the initial visit. If you are ready to improve the look and health of your teeth and mouth, the surgeon may be able to provide you with a resolution but it is up to you to make that first step.